Make-Ahead Chicken Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 5 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 5 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pimientos, optional
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese, chow mein noodles and almonds. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 365 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 158mg cholesterol, 449mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Feb 2, 2018
best ever. I believe the egg and mayo makes it stand out above all other recipes. Lets eat!
Jun 23, 2016
II thought it was perfect. I made it ahead of time and the kids baked it for their supper while I was at work. My picky kids liked it. My picky husband liked it too but thought it was too bland. I thought it was fantastic after I added a little hot sauce.
Aug 20, 2009
Can this be frozen?