Make-Ahead Broccoli Salad
My son-in-law is a professional chef, and he shared this original recipe with me last year. The salad is an excellent medley of fresh vegetables and mixed dried fruit. I even make my own fresh bacon bits to toss the mix. —Janice Stoltenow, Lebanon, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 bunches broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- Dash salt
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, dried fruit and onion. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, honey and salt. Pour over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or overnight. Just before serving, top with bacon.
Originally published as Broccoli Cranberry/mixed fruit Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.