Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced green or red pepper
- 1-1/2 cups frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Picante sauce
- Sour cream
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink. Add the onion and pepper; cook until tender. Drain. Add potatoes; cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add eggs; stir. Cook until eggs are set. Prepare tortillas by browning in hot oil in large skillet for 5 seconds on each side or heating in microwave for 45 to 60 seconds. Divide filling mixture between 12 tortillas, placing filling down center. Sprinkle with cheese. Fold ends and sides over filling. Serve with picante sauce and sour cream on side. (Burritos can be made in advance and refrigerated or frozen. Reheat in microwave. Yield: 12 burritos.
Reviews for Make-Ahead Breakfast Burritos
"easy to make, convenient, and tasty."
"After seeing these made at the Taste of Home Cooking School in Orlando, I had to make them for my youngest son. He loves just about anything in a tortilla and this recipe was no exception! I used red pepper because I find green pepper to be bitter. I also cooked bacon and cut it up adding to the mixture for even more flavor. I did add salt and pepper as seasonings too, only because I always season my eggs. We had them the morning I made them and have not tried them after being frozen but they will make a great quick, hearty breakfast on school mornings next week. As a Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor, I highly recommend this recipe. A great choice for a brunch buffet too.Suggestion: Don't overfill the tortillas. Doing so will make it difficult to roll up the burritos."
"Great flavor and easy to make!"
"For my husband to ask for "more" especially when it is not Oatmeal/Bacon/eggs it has to be worth it!!"
"I've been making these burritos for almost twenty years. They will be a favorite forever with my family."