Maine Mud Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk and applesauce (dough will be thick and moist).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spread with a fork to make irregular shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 56 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Sep 4, 2012
My kids love these!!
Jun 30, 2012
consistency of a sponge, just so-so flavor
Mar 24, 2011
Strange texture, weird aftertaste. Not great.
Jan 25, 2011
Okay taste, but not a fan of the cakey texture. I added almond slivers to give them some consistency, which helped, but I would not make them again.
May 10, 2010
these were fairly good cookies..really chocolatey and rich...i also added semisweet chocolate chips but i think walnuts would also be really good!