Maine Mud Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, sugars, baking soda and salt. Stir in buttermilk and applesauce (dough will be thick and moist).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spread with a fork to make irregular shapes.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 56 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 4, 2012
My kids love these!!
Jun 30, 2012
consistency of a sponge, just so-so flavor
Mar 24, 2011
Strange texture, weird aftertaste. Not great.
Jan 25, 2011
Okay taste, but not a fan of the cakey texture. I added almond slivers to give them some consistency, which helped, but I would not make them again.
May 10, 2010
these were fairly good cookies..really chocolatey and rich...i also added semisweet chocolate chips but i think walnuts would also be really good!