Maine Blueberry Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition. Gently fold in blueberries.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 288 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 439mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Maine Blueberry Cake
"It was easy to assemble and looked beautiful. I must have done something wrong because it is soooo dry. It looks dry. :("
"I absolutely LOVED this cake! Moist, incredibly good and very delicious, every mouthful was a delight and very much enjoyed!I didn't use the 1 tablespoon of sugar to sprinkle on the top of the cake since I found it to be sweet enough without it and used regular sized blueberries instead of the smaller ones; it turned out deliciously well!I will definitely be making this one again!"
"excellent recipe very moist didnt last long at my house ! :)"