Main-Dish Shrimp Salad
Susan Pursell of Garden Grove, California created this refreshing layered salad full of tangy bite-size shrimp, juicy tomatoes and crisp greens.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Dash garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 15 cooked small shrimp
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, dill, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper; whisk in oil. Stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Place romaine on a plate. Layer with tomato, celery and shrimp. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.