Mahi Mahi with Nectarine Salsa
A ripe nectarine inspired me to put together a fruity salsa to serve with fish fillets. I received six thumbs up from our three children for this easy, nutritious main dish. —Michelle Augustine, Cincinnati, OH
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 medium nectarine, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cucumber
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- FISH FILLETS:
- 2 mahi mahi fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash salt
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drizzle fillets with oil; sprinkle with salt. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque. Serve with salsa.