- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 mahi mahi or salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, cut into thick strips
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thick rings and separated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining oil, peppers, mushrooms, onion, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes.
- Place fish over vegetables; sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Cook, covered, 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with chives and, if desired, pine nuts before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMahi Mahi & Veggie Skillet
"Everyone loved this meal! They want me to make it again! Very easy to make and flavorful. I didn't have mahi so I used tilapia."
"Like the reviewer before me, I didn't have mahi mahi either and also used tilapia, with equally good results. I cut the recipe way down for just one serving, using one fillet, and smaller portions of the veggies. And, I added some capers. And, I had a small bit of tartar sauce for dipping the fish. I like rice with fish, so that was my side. I like the flavors of the sauted veggies with the fish. Excellent."
"Simple and Delicious! I did not have Mahi Mahi, so I substituted Talapia! I didn't have lemon juice, so I squeezed 1 lemon in it's place - about 2 Tbsp. Other than that, I followed the recipe, exactly! This will be a family favorite. Thanks for sharing."