- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- English toffee bits
- In a small bowl, combine cold water and gelatin; let stand for 2 minutes. Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cocoa. Add the cream and vanilla; beat on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Beat in gelatin mixture just until blended.
- Spoon into dessert dishes. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Garnish with toffee bits. Store leftovers in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMagic Mousse
"This was good and simple - but a little bland."
"This has been one of my kids favourite recipes."