Magic-in-the-Middle Peanut Butter Cookies
I found this recipe on an advertisement years and years ago, and the cookies have been a family favorite ever since. I've won a few contests with them, and now my teenage son uses the recipe and has won prizes at the 4-H fair! —Christy Hard, Sterling, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Shape into 30 balls. Wrap tablespoons of chocolate dough around filling to cover completely. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as PEANUT BUTTER MAGIC MIDDLE COOKIES in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014