Magic-in-the-Middle Peanut Butter Cookies
I found this recipe on an advertisement years and years ago, and the cookies have been a family favorite ever since. I've won a few contests with them, and now my teenage son uses the recipe and has won prizes at the 4-H fair! —Christy Hard, Sterling, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and peanut butter. Shape into 30 balls. Wrap tablespoons of chocolate dough around filling to cover completely. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight containers.
Originally published as PEANUT BUTTER MAGIC MIDDLE COOKIES in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.