Magic Apple Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat egg. Add the sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in apple and raisins. Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 193 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 24, 2016
As written, the recipe is ok, but "nothing to write home about". There wasn't much flavor except for the raisins. Presentation is only fair. However, it is so easy that I'll try it again with variations of vanilla, dried cranberries, and/or cinnamon.
Dec 19, 2013
Delicious and so easy to make!!! I added 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon which I think, made it even better!
Jun 26, 2011
wonderful recipe. I've been making this dessert for years! It's very quick, very simple and extremely good.
Mar 3, 2011
This is a really nice idea . Easy and quick when you don't have a lot of time. I did add a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla when I beat the egg and it adds another depth. Will also try it with snipped apricots and sweetened dried cranberries in place of the raisins. The "crust" is fantastic. Crunchy and crisp. A winner for a family dessert and with ice cream would be welcome for company.
Sep 8, 2008
This is a very delicious and super easy recipe. It is really only for 4 servings though and not 8. Will certainly make it again soon.
Jun 29, 2008
sounds really good, but just 1 apple??to serve 8? Is this a misprint?