- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 macaroons, crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, amaretto or extract, salt and ginger; beat until smooth. Stir in the pecans and marmalade.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Toss macaroons with remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMacaroon Sweet Potato Bake
"I have never got such rave reviews for a sweet potato dish than I did when I served this. Honestly, this is our FAVORITE way to make sweet potatoes. The almond flavor really complements the orange sauce. The topping adds the perfect crunch and really rounds out the dish."
"This was quite good, but my family unanimously agreed Taste of Home's Pretzel-Topped Sweet Potatoes is the better recipe."