These festive cookies are made in the microwave, keeping your oven free for other holiday baking. I sometimes top the cookies with chocolate bells instead of kisses.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup quartered candied cherries
- Chocolate kisses or whole candied cherries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, marshmallows and extract. Microwave, uncover, on high for 1-1/2 minutes or until melted. In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, coconut, almonds and quartered cherries. Stir in marshmallow mixture until coated. Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper kisses or candied cherries in the center of each.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 122 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Macaroon Melts in Best of Country Cookies