These festive cookies are made in the microwave, keeping your oven free for other holiday baking. I sometimes top the cookies with chocolate bells instead of kisses.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 32 large marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup quartered candied cherries
- Chocolate kisses or whole candied cherries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, marshmallows and extract. Microwave, uncover, on high for 2 minutes or until melted. In a bowl, combine the cornflakes, coconut, almonds and quartered cherries. Stir in marshmallow mixture until coated. Drop by tablespoonful onto waxed paper kisses or candied cherries in the center of each. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Macaroon Melts in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p111