Especially when I'm just serving a dessert, I like to prepare this. I'll usually make it with fresh apples, but I've also sometimes used home-canned ones. —Phyllis Hinck, Lake City, Minnesota
Featured In: Apple Crisp, Crumble and Cobbler Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the apples in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Top with coconut and pecans; set aside. top with coconut and pecans; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture until blended. Carefully spread over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroon Apple Cobbler in Country Woman March/April 1999, p31
Reviews forMacaroon Apple Cobbler
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"Very sweet, but good."