Especially when I'm just serving a dessert, I like to prepare this. I'll usually make it with fresh apples, but I've also sometimes used home-canned ones. —Phyllis Hinck, Lake City, Minnesota
Featured In: Apple Crisp, Crumble and Cobbler Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the apples in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Top with coconut and pecans; set aside.
- To make topping, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture until blended.
- Drop small spoonfuls over apples. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until top is golden brown and fruit is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroon Apple Cobbler in Country Woman March/April 1999, p31
Reviews forMacaroon Apple Cobbler
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"Very sweet, but good."