Macaroni with Beef and Beans
My family enjoys this dish as an alternative to plain macaroni and cheese. Every summer and fall, I freeze lots of beans, as well as corn, carrots, green peppers and pumpkins, and I also make many varieties of pickles.—Debbie Hagen, Mayville, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until macaroni is tender. Thin with water if necessary.