Macaroni with Beef and Beans
My family enjoys this dish as an alternative to plain macaroni and cheese. Every summer and fall, I freeze lots of beans, as well as corn, carrots, green peppers and pumpkins, and I also make many varieties of pickles.—Debbie Hagen, Mayville, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, brown beef and onion; drain. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until macaroni is tender. Thin with water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Macaroni with Beef and Beans in Country Ground Beef