- 1 cup uncooked cellentani (spiral pasta) or elbow macaroni
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Drain pasta; add to beef mixture. Stir in the soup, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forMacaroni Scramble
"I came across this in a Light & Tasty magazine back in 2008 and have been putting it into our weeknight rotation ever since. We double the recipe for a family of four - and sometimes have enough leftover for 1 or 2 small lunch servings the next day. It's perfect as is, but once you've made the same recipe over and over again, you start to add your own things. I always add some chopped or julienned carrots to the pan along with the other veggies, and substitute the ground beef with ground turkey. Oh, and don't be afraid to substitute a dash of Worcestershire for the salt - that's delicious! My young daughters request this more often than pizza!"
"I made this for myself when my husband was working out of town.....hubby doesn't care for mixtures like this.....calls it slop, but I love it! Great comfort food, and I will make it again! Even though it was just for me, I still doubled the recipe and ate it for lunch and a couple of dinners. Love it!"
"My Mother-in- law used to make this for all of the grandchildren (omit onions). They loved it! Now, they make it for their own children!"
"I tripled the recipe and my kids loved it. I only have a small container in the fridge and my son has already told me that he will be having it for lunch tomorrow. Thank you Patty for this great recipe. I will be sharing this on Facebook and with friends."
"Found this in my Taste of Home Cookbook. This recipe is a keeper! We've been busy in the evenings with swim lessons and ball games. I was able to make the meat/sauce mixture in the afternoon and when we were home for an hour in between activities I was able to quickly cook the pasta and we enjoyed a delicious meal. I try and not eat past 7pm and sometimes that is hard to do when you're busy. I'm sure I'll be making this again soon"
"This is delicious, especially when you add Worcestershire sauce. It was a great quick meal."
"My husband and I enjoyed this a lot! I made no changes to the original recipe and it turned out very well. Perfect easy, hearty, satisfying meal for two (or three)."
"just added two Jalapenos diced"
"My family really likes this recipe! I have made it several times. I always double it for my family of four, just not enough otherwise."