Macaroni Sausage Supper
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/3 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces process cheese (Velveeta)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Drain macaroni; stir into sausage mixture. Add olives. Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the soup, milk and pepper. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 410 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1664mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2017
I didn't do anything different except I used whole milk instead of 2%. This was quite yummy and a wonderful way to use leftover sausage & velveeta! I suppose the only suggestion I have is to maybe include some sort of crunch - either a bread crumb topping or perhaps not cooking the onions & peppers for as long. We will definitely make this again.
Aug 20, 2015
I usually do not like mac & cheese for dinner, I think of it for my children's lunch. I was looking for something different for dinner and found this recipe. As is, it is wonderful, delicious, filling and mouth watering to eat. I used half Italian and hot Italian bulk sausage (because I had a bit of each on hand). The rest of the ingredients just made it more special. I have passed this along to my friends and they feel the same about it. Thank you for sharing Joyce Clauson.
Feb 13, 2015
Absolutely wonderful! One of the best dishes in my recipe file and so easy to put together!
Mar 31, 2011
This recipe is delicious! So much flavor added to a classic dish of macaroni and cheese. I will definitely be making this again.
Feb 25, 2009
This is really good! I also made this for a large group by doubling everthing and using a third can of the spicy fiesta cream soup and adding green chilies.