Macaroni ‘n’ Cheese for Two
This is the simplest of entrees, so well received on cold, frosty evenings. The combination of sour cream and cheese gives this macaroni dish a distinctive taste of its own. -Mrs. O. Lick, Boyne Falls, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, optional
- In a bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Stir in the cheese, macaroni and onion if desired.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-cup baking dish; sprinkle with paprika. Cover and bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 405 calories, 25g fat (18g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 381mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Macaroni 'n' Cheese for Two in Reminisce Extra February 2001
Jun 11, 2014
Not the cheddery cheesy Mac and cheese like the boxed mix I'm used to.....I probably would not make it again....
Jun 4, 2012
This was horrid!!!! My dog wouldn't even eat it.