Macaroni Ham Salad
"I like to make this hearty main-dish salad in summer when it's too hot to turn on the oven," shares Lori Thompson of New London, Texas. "My husband and children really like the unexpected flavor of the dill pickle."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 block (7 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; add to macaroni mixture and toss. Cover and chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 130 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 576mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Macaroni Ham Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.