- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 16 servings (3/4 cup each)
Reviews forMacaroni Coleslaw
"My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe! We are not Miracle Whip fans, so I did substitute mayonnaise. I also cut the recipe back quite a bit for the two of us. This recipe is a nice twist on traditional coleslaw and I will definitely be making it again!"
"Big hit! I’ve made it twice and will be making it again"
"Very good! It does make alot. Will make again"
"I make this for my club meetings, I use a Vidalia Chop Wizard, it makes it easy to chop up everything. The bowl always comes home empty. Everyone, including myself, seems to really like it. Thank you so much for a good recipe."
"Hubby made this for a company healthy Living Salads contest and I was lucky to get a cup to try! He used full-fat Miracle Whip and packaged pre-cooked rigatoni that he chopped up which was a little chewier than homemade. He cut the onion to one and used a mild onion. The chopping is a chore to say the least but he likes doing putzy stuff like that. Using sliced water chestnuts would trim some of the time off. Since he made it the night before, the dressing and onions had time to mellow.Exchanges I'd make in the future would be half Miracle Whip and half yogurt, trying plain and then lemon. For salad meal, I'd add add cheese cubes, ham, chicken, summer sausage, that lonely hotdog and sunflower or pumpkin seeds. Maybe whole grain pasta. Fresh or frozen peas, maybe pineapple tidbits or tomatoes.This was good as is but can be used as a base to expand ingredients."
"I've made the recipe many times as written.......it is very good! Everyone wants the recipe! It's so nice to give a great review to the actual recipe....not how it's been modified into something totally different......"
"I didn't care for it. It sounded good, I thought I would like it. It makes a lot. I took it to a large gathering and brought a lot of it home. I will never make it again."
"Excellent! Everyone really loved it? Only difference I made was using Mayo instead of MIracle whip"
"Very good! Worth chopping up all the veggies."