Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes16 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 package (7 ounces) ring macaroni or ditalini
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add the coleslaw mix, onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper and water chestnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 150 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 13, 2018
I made this salad for a birthday party this last weekend, and it was very good. It is pretty to look at and makes a big salad. Great to take to a potluck or family reunion.
May 3, 2018
This was excellent, a nice mix of pasta and coleslaw with a tangy dressing. I used regular mayonnaise, rather than Miracle Whip. My family and guests loved it! I'll be making this salad again!
May 1, 2018
Is that 1&1/2 cups or just 1/2 cup of Miracle Whip Light(1-1/2 cups Miracle Whip Light))
Apr 22, 2018
A fresh salad, pasta adds a new twist.
Apr 16, 2018
I made this for a baby shower and everybody raved about how good it was. I added fresh dill (lots), intimation crab, 1/2 of the onion and red onion instead of yellow and I used Mayonnaise.
Mar 25, 2018
I used mayonnaise instead of the Miracle Whip and added some salt and pepper. Good coleslaw recipe but now I want to find a recipe for the reverse...macaroni salad with a bit of coleslaw mixed in.
Feb 25, 2018
I doubled recipe and my husband took it to his weekly softball game/potluck - he just came home with the (huge) bowl completely empty! I followed the recipe except used Best Foods mayo, and added celery salt instead of regular salt. Also added a bit of Coleman's Dry Mustard and celery seed - like I would have for my usual coleslaw. Anyhow, it was obviously a big hit. This might be my weekly potluck contribution from now on! I wish I did not work on game days!!
Feb 14, 2018
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe! We are not Miracle Whip fans, so I did substitute mayonnaise. I also cut the recipe back quite a bit for the two of us. This recipe is a nice twist on traditional coleslaw and I will definitely be making it again!
Jan 18, 2018
Big hit! I’ve made it twice and will be making it again
Nov 16, 2017
Very good! It does make alot. Will make again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.