Macaroni Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cubed cooked chicken, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, red pepper, onion and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the chicken, peas, bouillon, tarragon and lemon-pepper; reduce heat.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Drain macaroni; stir into the chicken mixture. Add cheese and stir until melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 387 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1002mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 26, 2013
I did not really like this much at all. I think it was the flavor of the herbs mixed in with the cheese sauce.
Apr 27, 2012
At first I thought that this was just glorified mac and cheese. But this ended up very good.