Macaroni Chicken Dinner
My family considers this dish a complete dinner all by itself. When I'm having company, I add green beans, hot rolls and chilled mixed fruit for a quick yet nutritious meal.—Zetta Harberts, Beattie, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, broth, milk and cream. Stir in the chicken, macaroni, cheese, celery and eggs. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 285 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 514mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Macaroni Chicken Dinner in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.