Macaroni and Cheese Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a saucepan, heat milk over medium heat until bubbles form around the edge of pan. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese and butter. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir until cheese is almost melted. Stir in bread crumbs. In a bowl, combine the macaroni, egg yolks, pimientos, parsley, onion and salt. Stir in cheese mixture; mix well. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into macaroni mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 160mg cholesterol, 725mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Reviews for Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
"Not my total fav. just ok. it wasn't like the real deal, but then agian, that's just me. others may love it."