Chock-full of vegetables, chicken and pasta, this creamy creation from our Test Kitchen is sure to become a favorite at your home. No one will suspect the sensational soup relies on leftover macaroni and cheese.
Recommended: 45 Comfort Food Mashups
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup cauliflowerets
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add the macaroni and cheese, whipping cream and process cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Add the chicken and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Macaroni 'n' Cheese Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p20
Reviews forMacaroni 'n' Cheese Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2012
"very unhealthy-needs to be a lower fat and natural not processed cheese"