- 2-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 slices process American cheese, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup process cheese sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the milk, eggs, process cheese, sour cream, cheese sauce and seasonings. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheeses are melted. Drain macaroni; toss with 2 cups cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add sauce mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMacaroni & Cheese Bake
"This was pretty bland. I even added some cayenne pepper to give it a kick. I won't be making this one again. No one ate the leftovers."
"Cheese whiz is processed cheese sauce, Velveeta and American cheese slices is processed cheese."
"My husband made this and it turned out great, he did change a view things and added sausage to it, but it was very good. We all enjoyed it and will be having this again. Leftovers were great as well."
"Oops! Didn't catch that there is an ingredient listed as process cheese sauce! Never heard of that or saw it on a shelf. Going to look for it so I can make this recipe!!"
"I haven't made this yet, but I think it looks very good! For the person wondering about process cheese: it is simply Velveeta that comes in box (not canned?? cheese). I will review this once I actually make it."
"This doesn't get any star, Just plan not good"
"I'm not sure what some of the respondents were fussing about. If this recipe is followed it is yummy!"
"I think my husband will love this too! Will be making soon!"
"I love Macaroni and Cheese, but this doesn't qualify to even be compared to comfort food. No thanks!!!"
"My experience with using eggs in mac and cheese is that it tastes like scrambled eggs."