Macadamia Toffee Snack Cake
Ever since I worked in a restaurant preparing desserts, I’ve been collecting recipes that make people happy. This mouthwatering cake is loaded with white chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and coconut.—Marie Zajdowicz, Riva, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. Add baking powder and salt to remaining crumb mixture. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla. Stir into crumb mixture just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; sprinkle with reserved topping mixture, baking chips, nuts and coconut. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 235 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Macadamia Toffee Bars in Country June/July 2009
Apr 5, 2012
Oh, forgot to mention that my husband doesn't care for coconut so I omitted it. Fantastic recipe.
Sep 6, 2011
Yummy!!! Made this for the second time and it's been a BIG hit both times. Very easy to make as well.