Macadamia Peanut Butter Cups
A little goes a long way when it comes to these rich morsels. One bite and store-bought peanut butter cups will be a distant memory.
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 pounds bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Set aside 36 macadamia nuts for garnish. Finely chop the remaining nuts; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, confectioners' sugar, sour cream, vanilla and reserved chopped nuts. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Pipe about 1 teaspoon chocolate into each of 36 foil-lined miniature muffin cups. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter mixture into each cup. Pipe enough additional chocolate into each cup to cover peanut butter filling. Top each with a macadamia nut. Chill for 10 minutes or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 19mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peanut Butter Machadamia Nut Cups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.