When I was young, friends of our family traveled to Hawaii and brought back macadamia nuts. My mom used them in this recipe. It's a tasty twist on traditional pecan pie.
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- Unroll pastry and place in a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges and set aside. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla until combined. Stir in the nuts. Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia Nut Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p92
Reviews forMacadamia Nut Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010
"I really liked this pie, as it is something different, but my spouse said he prefers traditional pecan, so . . ."