Macadamia Nut Mini Loaves Recipe
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Finely chop enough of the macadamia nuts to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. Coarsely chop remaining nuts; toss with coconut and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar on high until fluffy. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour and baking powder; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Stir in lemon juice and peel, vanilla and reserved finely chopped nuts. Spoon into six greased 4-1/2-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove and cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6 loaves.
Editor's Note: If top begins to brown too quickly, cover loosely with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
1 slice: 162 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 78mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Macadamia Nut Mini Loaves
"I followed the recipe as written. It is moist and delicious lemony goodness. I made full sized loaves, makes two full size and baked for an hour at 325."