- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) macadamia nuts, divided
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Finely chop enough of the macadamia nuts to measure 1/3 cup; set aside. Coarsely chop remaining nuts; toss with coconut and 1 tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peel, vanilla and reserved finely chopped nuts.
- Spoon into five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if top browns too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 5 loaves.
Reviews forMacadamia Nut Mini Loaves
"I followed the recipe as written. It is moist and delicious lemony goodness. I made full sized loaves, makes two full size and baked for an hour at 325."