Macadamia Nut Fudge
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 5-1/2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 36 large marshmallows
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla frosting
- Red and green paste food coloring
- M&M's minis
- Line a 15x10x1-in. pan with foil. Grease the foil and 3-in. cookie cutters with 1 tablespoon butter. Place cookie cutters in pan; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full rolling boil. Remove from the heat; stir in marshmallows until melted. Add unsweetened chocolate and chocolate chips; stir until chips are melted. Stir in nuts and vanilla.
- Spoon warm fudge into the prepared cookie cutters, filling to the top. Cool until set. To remove, gently push fudge out of cookie cutters. Tint frosting red and green; decorate fudge with frosting and M&M's.
Dec 18, 2010
These were GREAT! I served them to a big group of my friends, everyone liked them, and thought I had spent a long time making a fancy fudge, not believing it was a simple recipe and so easy!. I left out the nuts and added about a tsp of peppermint extract. These will be a new Christmas tradition!
Dec 16, 2010
I love this recipe! It is easy and delicious. My daughter (6) loves tohelp with the cut outs and decorates them and she wants
Dec 22, 2008
I love the cookie cutter shape idea, and the recipe sounds great, I will try this week!Nana mama
Dec 13, 2007
This really sounds good, thank you!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.