Crusty outside and chewy inside, this bread from Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon is chock-full of crunchy nuts. "It tastes great toasted and topped with cream cheese...and the aroma is heavenly, too."
Recommended: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add nuts and coconut. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Macadamia Nut Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p33