Meet the Cook: Our daughter (we also have a grown son and a grandson) and her husband operate a cookie factory in Hawaii. After she sent a big supply of macadamia nuts, I came up with this cake I make for church dinners and ladies lunches. -Marguerite Gough, Salida, Colorado
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts or almonds
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa, coffee, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For topping, combine chocolate chips, cream, sugar, butter and corn syrup in a saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium; cook and stir for 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Beat with a wooden spoon until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in nuts. Place cake on a serving plate; pour topping over cake. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Macadamia Fudge Cake in Country Woman November/December 1997, p33
Reviews forMacadamia Fudge Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2009
"This is SUCH a yummy cake! The frosting takes a while to make, but it's worth it! Great for company!~ Theresa"