Macadamia French Toast
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup, optional
- Arrange bread slices in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, orange juice, milk, sugar, vanilla and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour butter into a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Transfer bread slices to prepared pan; sprinkle with nuts. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until bread is golden brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 393 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 520mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 1, 2018
I love the taste of browning the butter in my jelly roll pan first! I substituted heavy whipping cream for the milk and pistachio extract for the vanilla. Topped with a compote of apples, cranberries, cinnamon, sugar and nutmeg, and redi-whip! So, so, sooooo good!
Jul 4, 2012
i loved this recipe it was so yummy and i would defintly make it agian i spilt the recipe in half