Macadamia Coconut Bars
These are absolutely divine. No one will believe that a packaged cookie mix is the main ingredient. Not fond of macadamia nuts? Try pecans, walnuts, almonds or cashews.—Sarah Wilkinson, Bellevue, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup vanilla or white chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare cookie mix according to package directions. Stir in the chips, nuts and coconut. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Cool on a wire rack for 25 minutes before cutting.
Originally published as Macadamia Coconut Cookie Bars in Quick Cooking July/August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.