Macadamia Berry Dessert
My family and friends love this dessert, and I've shared the recipe several times. The crunchy nut crust and colorful raspberry filling make it special enough for guests. During the holidays, I substitute a can of whole-berry cranberry sauce for the raspberries.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh raspberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- Combine the wafer crumbs, nuts and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, orange juice and lemon juice on low speed until well blended. Stir in raspberries. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with raspberries and whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 301 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 126mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Macadamia Berry Dessert in Quick Cooking November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.