Macadamia Almond Delights
A few years ago, I decided to liven up my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe by adding macadamia nuts, white chocolate chips and almond paste. Since the scrumptious results got such rave reviews from my 26 grandchildren, we've designated this version a "keeper".
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond paste
- 3 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla or white chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and almond paste. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts and chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 401 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Macadamia Almond Delights in Country Woman Christmas 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.