- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes. Stir in nuts. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Quickly stir in butter, vanilla and baking soda until mixture is light and foamy. When bubbles subside, pour onto a greased cookie sheet, spreading as thinly as possible with a metal spatula. Cool completely; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between the layers. Yield: about 1 pound.
Reviews forMacadamia Almond Brittle
"I have made peanut and other nut brittles for YEARS. standing by the stove. stirring and stirring and stirring...i was really skeptical..how can what took me over an hour to make ONE batch have the same amount in under 10 minutes? Gather all your ingredients....use a large glass mixing bowl with a handle. i have the next batch measured and prepared while i'm cooking the first. just be sure to get that lovely amber color before you add the baking soda..my microwave is older and slower and it takes longer. OH..and NOONE can tell the difference between this brittle and the brittle i slaved over..WIN!!!"