Mac ‘n’ Cheese for One
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 saltines, crushed
- 1. In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper. Whisk in milk until smooth. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add the cheese, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and onion; stir until cheese is melted. Add macaroni. Transfer to a greased 1-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with saltines; dot with remaining butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
1 each: 558 calories, 42g fat (26g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1255mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Nov 13, 2017
I love the flavor of this mac and cheese, and always double!
Dec 9, 2011
This is my favorite recipe for mac and cheese! I often double the recipe for two people.