Mac and Cheese Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- Set aside the cheese packet from the macaroni dinner mix. Stir in the pasta, broth, zucchini, onion and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes and the contents of the reserved cheese packet. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 966mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Oct 16, 2017
Used marinated Italian chicken breast, it was delicious.
Aug 6, 2015
Easy one-pot recipe! Added garlic to the chicken and doubled the zucchini. It had too much liquid for my liking, but wasn't a huge problem after letting it sit for a bit.
Jul 19, 2011
Didn't have any onions, so added onion powder and used petite diced tomatoes. It was great! My 4 year old really enjoyed it!