Luscious Lime Angel Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken, about 35 minutes. Place cake cubes in a 13x9-in. dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, lemon juice and zest. Add gelatin mixture; beat until combined. Fold in 1-1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Spread over top of cake, covering completely. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. Cut into squares; top with remaining whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 139 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2018
I like this but in the nutrition information it shows 0 grams of sugar. Yet the recipe calls for 1/2 cup of sugar.
Jun 22, 2011
Very refreshing and easy to make
May 29, 2011
I have been making this recipe since it was first published. It never fails to receive compliments and requests for the recipe. It's a summer favorite for our family!
Apr 24, 2011
nice & easy light dessert. Great to follow an Easter dinner. I will try it with other flavors.
Sep 21, 2008
I used strawberry flavored gelatin and added fresh strawberries. I also used splenda instead of sugar.j2toes
Apr 11, 2008
I made this for a church meeting potluck, and it was very well received. The ladies loved it ! It is nice and light to follow a big meal
Mar 27, 2008
Mar 16, 2008
sent to rita
Mar 7, 2008
This is so easy to change to a sugar-free dessert. I changed the lime jell-o to strawberry and exchanged the lemon with some strawberry puree and topped it with a fresh strawberry. Thanks from all our many diabetic friends. Mary Foreman [email protected]
Mar 7, 2008
This is a terrific easy dessert! I have had many comments when this was served. Thank for the great recipes!! Beverly Tipton [email protected]