Luscious Lemon Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix with pudding (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Combine topping ingredients and set aside. In a bowl, combine cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, eggs and oil. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle half of the topping over batter. Spoon remaining batter over topping and spread evenly. Sprinkle with remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 336 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Aug 5, 2015
This was a moist cake. Very good, although I can't say there was much of a lemon taste. I went back to review my recipe thinking that maybe I left out lemon juice...not an ingredient. A mild, good, moist cake regardless.
Apr 8, 2011
Great recipe! Made for a morning function and received lots of compliments on it. Moist and flavorful! Thanks for sharing!
Jan 8, 2011
Made this to share at a meeting and it got lots of compliments. The artificial lemon taste was perhaps a little strong for me, but overall a nice cake and a nice change from the usual. The recipe correction note by walterandkathy is important--pour HALF the batter into 13x9 pan, then top with half the topping, etc. My batter was quite thick, not really of "pouring" consistency.
Aug 31, 2010
very easy - everyone liked it. No need to dirty a bowl to beat the eggs, just put them in with the cake mix . They don't need to be beaten first. Marie
Apr 28, 2008
directions should read: pour half of batter into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 in baking pan. sprinkle with half of toppung. spoon remaining batter over topping and then sprinkle with remaining topping.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.