Luscious Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour.
- 2. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 14-16 minutes or until set and the edges are lightly browned.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the egg, sugar, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over warm crust. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 bars.
1 each: 149 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Luscious Lemon Bars
"My husband loves these!"
"I want to make these but I don't quite understand the loaf pan and get 8 bars?jd13627"
"Loved these - and the pan size is correct. :)"
"baking PAN IS OBVIOUSLY INCORRECT. NOT A LOAF PAN PROBABLY AN 8X8"
"Haven't tried yet but wondered if the pan size was correct."