Luscious Fruit Platter
I often make this fruit and dip dish in summer, when the finest fruits are at their best. Paired with angel food cake, this also makes a marvelous dessert.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes8-10 servings (2 cups dip)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium honeydew, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1-1/2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 medium firm banana, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium ripe peaches, pitted and quartered
- Clusters of red and green seedless grapes
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese. Add milk, lemon juice, sugar and salt; beat until smooth. transfer to a small serving bowl. On a large serving platter, arrange honeydew wedges in a spoke pattern. Place strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, banana, peaches and grapes between the wedges. Place dip in the center. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Luscious Fruit Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.