Luscious Black Forest Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream and melted chocolate for garnish, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine 1/3 cup gelatin mixture with pie filling and almond extract; pour into crust and chill until set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate, brandy extract and remaining gelatin mixture. Fold in whipped cream; spread over cherry layer. Chill at least 3 hours.
- Remove from pan. Garnish with the whipped cream, cherries and chocolate if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 211 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 6, 2016
The taste was good but the gelatin made such a weird texture that almost nobody even wanted to eat it
Dec 30, 2014
I was disappointed in the lack of chocolate flavor, and there are other cheesecake recipes I like better, so will probably not make this again.
Mar 16, 2014
Good smooth and creamy
Mar 2, 2014
I loved this. I just have to share this with some friends. http://dreamking4455.empowernetwork.com