- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream and melted chocolate for garnish, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Chill for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand until gelatin is moistened. Add boiling water and stir constantly until gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine 1/3 cup gelatin with pie filling and almond extract; pour into crust and chill until set. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Add extract and remaining gelatin. Fold in whipped cream; spread over cherry layer. Chill at least 3 hours. Remove from pan. If desired, garnish with whipped cream "rosettes" topped with cherries and/or drizzle chocolate over top. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forLuscious Black Forest Cheesecake
"The taste was good but the gelatin made such a weird texture that almost nobody even wanted to eat it"
"I was disappointed in the lack of chocolate flavor, and there are other cheesecake recipes I like better, so will probably not make this again."
"Good smooth and creamy"
"I loved this. I just have to share this with some friends. http://dreamking4455.empowernetwork.com"