Luscious Apple Trifle
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) butterscotch ice cream topping
- 3 medium red apples, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; beat in pudding. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. glass bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, 1/3 cup butterscotch topping, a third of the apples, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Chill until serving.
Jun 16, 2012
Wonder how it would taste with mustard topping? Just kidding, it is a great recipe!
Jan 29, 2010
I have made this dessert several times and it's always a hit. I normally use caramel topping instead of the butterscotch out of personal preference.
Jan 28, 2010
A wonderful recipe, fresh and easy to make. People will ask for the recipe so bring a copy
May 27, 2009
I used 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, sugar-free pudding mix, and Cool Whip Lite. It was great for a luncheon that I hosted, but it's a little too sweet. I'll definitely use less butterscotch topping next time. Still, a keeper!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.