I first tasted this salad at a ladies luncheon at church. My husband and children ask for this dish regularly. Freshly baked breadsticks are a tasty accompaniment.
Recommended: 30 Satisfying Protein-Packed Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup spiral pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) cucumber ranch salad dressing, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn lettuce
- 3/4 cup cubed Colby or cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add 1/2 cup dressing, salt if desired and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, add lettuce, cheese and remaining dressing; toss. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Luncheon Pasta Salad in Country Pork 1996, p18